Hello list,

        I've been using linux and open source software for over 5 years now and
I want to give something back to the community.
        I'm working on a PHP-based project (SPITS). The aim of this project is
to easly create a shaping script, using a web interface, without needing
to know tc and iptables command line options.
        As the project is now in beta stage, soon a CSS stylesheet will be
made, but i'm more interested in the easyness of the interface.
        Cosidering some of you have enoungh knowledge about tc qdisc/classes
and iptables, i want you people to give it a try to SPITS.
        Only few qdisc types are available now, and 2 ip tables matches.
        I intend to make SPITS able to import qdisc types and iptables
matches via xml, with documantation and information regarding command
line options, kernel options and iptables libs needed by the system in
order for the xml module(qdisc/match) to work propertly.
        Now the project is not documented at all. Only the few steps
needed in order to setup a database and the config file.

        I'm really interested in your feedback, suggestions and bug
reports.

        Version 0.0.9b can be downloaded at: http://spits.sf.net/

        Next release will include a CSS stylesheet and the possibility to
import/export via xml the shaping configuration made.

Best regards,
Iosif