Good afternoon,

your configuration seems correct to me. Could you send us the output of "tc -s -d class show dev eth0" during your probes?
What kernel and tc versions are you using?

Regards,

Eric Janz
Departamento de Sistemas
Grupo Barceló Viajes

C\ 16 de Julio, 75
07009 Polígono Son Castelló
Palma de Mallorca - Baleares
Tel.: +34 971 448030
Fax.: +34 971 436986

Bugzilla-Redirect <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Enviado por: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

08/09/2006 10:02

Para
lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
cc
Asunto
[LARTC] htb traffic shaping problem

Hello.
I have a linux server connected to a gigabit lan, and though that lan to a
768kbps/768kbps DSL modem.

I'm trying to shape my webserver running on port 80/443 down to 512kbps,
while leaving all other ports alone.  The current configuration script that
I'm using is as follows:
tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 99
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1000mbit ceil 1000mbit
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 512kbit ceil 512kbit
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:10 handle 10: sfq
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:99 htb rate 900mbit ceil 1000mbit
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:99 handle 99: sfq
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: u32 match ip sport 80 0xffff
flowid 1:10
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: u32 match ip sport 443 0xffff
flowid 1:10

1:10 seems to be getting the correct traffic from port 80 and 443 while
everything else is run to 1:99.  The problem is that, while 1:10 is slowing
the connection down to a degree, it's nowhere near the set limit.  For
example: the connection will start out around 50kBps, and then suddenly
bounce to over 1MBps, far exceeding it's 64kBps setting.

Setting the parent down to 512kbits seems to work correctly, but it
cripples the local network.

Can anyone point out what I've done incorrectly, or is this a bug?
Thank you.

-Ryan Power

ADVERTENCIA LEGAL
El contenido de este correo es confidencial y dirigido unicamente a su destinatario. Para acceder a su clausula de privacidad consulte http://www.barceloviajes.com/privacy