Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> But there is no filter based on unix user id (the reason is clear for
> everybody -- ip packet doesn't contain this information).
>
> I've found the very interesting netfilter patches at the patch-o-matic:
There is no need for POM patches, you may use the "owner" match from
iptables. (see: man iptables)
> Am I on the right way?  How can I combine the power of netfilter and
> traffic control systems to solve my problem?
You might match for each user and then set a mark or even classify directly
by iptables. (see man, too)

Howto mark: http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.filters.html (9.6.2, fwmark)

Btw.. there is no best (classful) qdisc, this varies on your needs.
Nevertheless, I'd take htb because it's relativly simple to setup
(personally I like hfsc though).
You may just try them out. :)

Bye,
Andreas.