Hello,

I've been looking for a kernel implementation of simple bandwidth capping that will allow simple per (source) IP based bandwidth capping without the overheads associated with something like classful HTB. I have been unable to find anything exising that does this. In principle I'd like the code to dynamically setup a bucket/hash per source IP, monitor and cap an absolute ceiling. I have no need for sharing or guarantees of assured rates, just the simple cap per source.

Can anyone please point me to any existing implementation or point me to some code that I can refactor to do what I need if you know of any.

Thanks,

Andrew.