Philipp Leusmann wrote:
Hi Andy,

I made the dumpfile and will send it to you in a separate private email. I
cannot see anything suspicious, but maybe I am not looking for the right
thing.

Did you get my offlist reply about that?

Same goes for netstat -s | grep retrans : The count does not rise during the
transfer.
For the modem, here is what it says:
                                down         up
Bit-rate  (fast)          :       15694         915
Bit-rate  (relative cap.) :       100 %       100 %
Bit-rate  (max)           :       15694         915
FEC error (fast)          :        7116           0
CRC error (fast)          :       13421           0
HEC error (fast)          :        5051           0
Noise margin : 8.3 dB 8.5 dB Attenuation : 16.0 dB 12.8 dB Transmit power : 22.3 dBm 12.3 dBm
First channel             :          64          33
Last channel              :         505          59
Channel gaps              : 95 110 127 188 191 243 291 348

0 upstream errors may mean your modem isn't reporting/getting them properly from the far end, but if the uptime of those stats isn't too short, the errors don't look too bad anyway.

As for what I said about showtime rate being multiple of 32kbit I was thinking adsl, I guess it's different for adsl2(+), I suppose the FEC overheads could be deducted first aswell (We don't get FEC on fast in the UK)

Andy.