On 12/29/06 17:40, Björn Lindström wrote:
    # Mark packets that should be routed through the tunnel
    iptables -A PREROUTING -i ${EXTIF} -t mangle -p tcp --dport 80 \
        -j MARK --set-mark 1

<snip>

I'm testing this with port 80 so that I can check the result by
running a script that returns my IP on a remote server.

After doing all this, the remote server still sees my as the IP for
eth1. Can anyone see what I have overlooked here?

It looks like you are marking packets that are inbound on your external interface. Did you perhaps mean to mark packets inbound on your internal interface and thus outbound from your system?

Grant. . . .