On 9/25/07, Aleksander Kamenik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> >
> >     I have not added it to prerouting chain. I added just
> >     now. Forward, input and output  chains have it.
>
> PREROUTING must not have it. Only the three filter chains and only if
> you use the state machine.

NOTED

> telnet 2.3.4.5 <http://2.3.4.5> 25
> >
> > it accepts, It works.
> >

> OK, so DNAT at the second firewall works already. I missed that.
>
> > Now what I need is that  I want to telnet to first firewall, then, it
> > will forward to second firewall, second firewall will forward to actual
> > mail server.
>
> Yes I got that.
>
> Anyway, it's hard to guess without seeing all the rules of the first
> firewall. Do any other DNAT's at the first firewall work already?
>
> Is forwading enabled? "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" should be "1".
>
> YES
>
> Oh, and by the way. I assumed your routing is in place. Is the the
> second firewalls default route (gateway) the first firewall?
> Oh yeah, This is the POINT.

   SECOND Firewall's default route (gateway) is NOT the FIRST firewall.
 BOTH firewall's default route (gateway) is the router given by our ISP.
I think this is the case.

> If 1.2.3.4 and 2.3.4.5 are both external IP's then it's probably the
> problem.

YES, this is the ip block given by our ISP. I got 8 internet ips.  But they
all recide is the same subnet that is 255.255.255.248

 Hope to hear from you.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya