Dear Christopher,

Thanks for pointing this out to me. However, the lines around the equations (and symbols) are massive; they are as least as think as the equations themselves. To show you what I mean, I am attachting an image with this email.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Berend.

Berend,

I set the $MATH_SCALE_FACTOR in the .latex2html-init file.
A value of 1.2 works for me. It takes a bit of trial and error, but it is possible to get the scaling such that the images are readable but the line at the bottom is just too small to show.