> The question is: i've tried to set the palette vi whit the option <is
> modal> enabled. The palette vi stays always on top (ok), but the main
> VI is "frozen" (stil running but when you press the mouse button it
> doesn't respond).
> The palette vi is called with the property <wait until done>=false.

The tool palette isn't modal, but is what we call floating.  This is
pretty much the same as the StayOnTop style in Windows.  If you are
using LV7, in the VI Properties dialog, go into the advanced window
configuration and switch from modal to floating.

I believe you are invoking the subVI correctly and everything else will
work once you get rid of the modal setting.  If you don't have LV7, turn
off modalness.  The window will no longer stay on top, but it will give
access to both windows.  You could even periodically put it back in
front of the other window.  Or you could upgrade.

Greg McKaskle