> I am trying to plot 2 arrays onto a chart. The first array (1D) should be
> plotted immediately and the second array (1D), which is coming from a loop,
> has a new column appended to it every second. The chart should therefore be
> updated every second with the new data. I am unable to do this using build
> array. My only way around it at the moment is to have 2 separate charts and
> plot them separately. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Charts work something like realworld paper chart recorders.  You can't
move one plot ahead of the other.  You can append data to the various
traces at the same time, but you can't rewrite history or into the
future.

Graphs on the otherhand can do pretty much anything you like, but it may
take some programming.

And then there is the combo.  If you open up the
example/general/graphs/gengraph.llb/Scanning Chart with History.vi, you
will see that this example uses a chart to show the incoming data, and
the history is drawn on a multiplot graph.  When the chart finishes a
channel, it clears and the data is rotated into the graph.

Greg McKaskle