I see that Lorand has applied comments and a solution below.  I expect
that he pointed out that your vi is very hard to read because of the
sequence structures and the fact that these are spread out over a wide
area.  Also, you used a lot of local variables which could be avoided
in a true state machine structure.

It appears to me that you have a specific point in your program where
you want to retrieve data and at another point you want to write data
to port.  This is easily accomplished with queues and notifiers.  I
can't read Lorand's solution (LV 6.1), but I expect that the solution
deals with these issues appropriately.