I know this isn't the solution you're looking for, but I don't know how to
do it directly.

I suggest letting your vi run continuously until you are ready to explicitly
exit.  After your vi runs once, you could let it go idle until you are ready
to run it again.  Use a start button in an event structure to awaken the vi.
To exit, use an exit button or a menu item to initiate a call to Quit
LabVIEW when you are in the run-time environment.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]