For my own sanity I modified the Mode.vi to also include the "True
Mode". I also changed the name for the control Mode to "Center Mode",
not really knowing what to name it.

I agree with you. This shold've been documented better or better yet,
the vi should give the option to choose from true or center mode. Up
until know I only knew of only one Mode. Even MS Excel uses Mode as
defined in math books. I've never heard of a "True Mode" until now.
I do not perform data analysis but the difference between the results
in these two functions/operations could be slight to considerably
different. For example, try using the "Periodic Random Noise
Waveform.vi" and perform a Mode function. Get both the "True Mode" and
the "Center Mode". Quite a difference. I guess there has to be some
value for the difference but the "Center Mode", as I've been defining
it here, is no Mode at all.

Thank you for your response Dennis, It clarified a lot for me. And I
hope this can help others in the future to determine the differences.

Wil