Hi Ron,

Sorry I took so long in getting back to you, my notification isn't
working quite right.  Check IBCONF, the configuration utility for the
488.2 driver for HP-UX.  I bet that it's pointing the GPIB0 card name
to the GPIB0 hostname.  You can enter the IP address directly here, or
add an entry in your HOSTS file in the format "<ip> gpib0" so that you
can ping the box by typing "ping gpib0".  Once you have established
this name-to-ip link, the 488.2 driver should work fine.

Also, for a general overview, check out Chapter 4 of the HP-UX Manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/322987a.pdf

Scott B.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments