You can use the input buffer to pass data in.  This is a string buffer,
so whatever data you send in to your VI can be decoded and used in
custom Labview VI's. I have used the buffer to set up multiple
conditions for a VI. I pass a string that looks like
"channel5,2.5,channel3,3.0" and use the searchstring.vi to look for my
comma separator.  You enable passing the input buffer string to your VI
by checking the box "Input Buffer" on the specify module dialog in
TestStand.

You can also use the Invocation Info.ctl to give your VI's information
about the test. Use them in a similar manner as the input buffer above.

If you want to pass data out of a test, use the TestDataCluster.vi This
VI is a cluster which bundles a Pass/Fail Flag, a Numeric Data Type, a
String type, and a Report Text String.  These data types correspond to
the Pass/Fail Test type, numeric limit Test Type, and String Test Type.

ALL of these controls should be in the TestStand.llb mentioned below,
check that it is installed.

One other important Note: if you make VI's that use any of the
connections above, make sure the controls and indicators are wired to
the VI's connector pane, otherwise you will get errors.

- David Huff
- DISTek Integration, Inc.      www.distek.com
- NI Alliance Member            (319) 266-7333
- Cedar Falls, Iowa.