Actually this is only first part of my project in which i should be
able to create a vehicle file using two different data base and should
be able to save it as *.vcf. (you are right dialog box must produce a
file named abc.VCF)
first data base only contain messages in hex format and second data
base only contain names of the modules in hex as wel.At the moment I
am not able to attach these files because of some fault.But I can do
that tommrrow.
Answer to your first question is that I do not need to keep database
in MS Notepad files.
You are quite right, I want the user to be presented with a list of
messages but in the sub file, which is drawn from database1.  At the
later stage user is going to use this file to send the messages.
nodes data means names of the modules e.g. power window, seat control,
etc.
these two do not have any direct relationship.we are going to select
messages and nodes then save them as vehicle file for them to be used
at later stage in the application.
my phone number is 07949940740. if you need more information.
thank you for your help.