I found a defora core 1 release and verified your problem (on LabVIEW
7.0).  It's because the fedora kernel uses native posix threads
instead of pthreads.  This changes the behavior of signals.

If you recompile your kernel and use pthreads the problem should go
away.  (Although I have not done this myself).

We have fixed this for the next release of LabVIEW (I did verify
this).  It required a change in the architecture, and therefore there
is no patch available for it.

What I meant by usinc nc and telnet for testing (without LabVIEW) is
to "echo hi | nc -l -p 2000" in one window, and "telnet localhost
2000" in another.  If your networking is working, you should see "hi"
in the telnet window.  But, telnet and nc are not affected by the npt
kernel as LabVIEW currently is.

For now, use a non NPT kernel.