Hi, Mike

I can't completely answer your question but will tell you the best I
can.  If you dig into the guts of the Database Connectivity Toolkit
VIs, you'll eventually get down to the ActiveX layer.  Here you will
see exactly what methods and properties are used and in what order.
You can use the LabVIEW profiling tools to see what subVIs are the
bottlenecks and then dig into that code to see which node is taking
the majority of the time.

I'm not sure what you mean by LabVIEW filtering out some of the
methods and properties.  The Invoke and Property Nodes you see are
exactly what is called and with the values that are wired into the
various parameters.  These are the same methods and properties that
you'd call if you were writing a VC or VB program.  LabVIEW itself
doesn't directly talk to the Oracle drivers, as you see, it just
passes data to the ActiveX nodes.  ActiveX is what is passing the data
to/from the drivers.

I, too, have noticed that the Oracle drivers are slow.  However, the
ones written by Microsoft for Oracle don't work at all for binary
data.  So I'll take slow over not functioning any day.  Just out of
curiosity, which of Oracle's drivers are you using-- ODBC or OLE DB?
What happens when you use the other one?

Please let me know what you find out.  Please let me know if I can be
of further assistance.

Crystal