I won't say you have a problem with the connection string, but using a
connection defined in ODBC Administrator (thus creating a DSN) makes
the LABView code cleaner and more flexible.  It should also allow you
to verify the DB connection outside of LABView.  Once the connection
to the DB is verified, if you include the UID and PWD in the ODBC
config, you simply pass the DSN to the LV connection VI.  I connect to
DB's under a variety of DB drivers and have very reliable connections.
If the app doesn't connect, it's easy to go back to the ODBC Admin and
check what's happening.  Rarely is the problem LV related -- something
changed for the DB connection.

Happy wiring!

Russ