A correction to my previous comment. Linear or Spline interpolation is
not the way to go if you wish to decimate your data. The correct
technique is, as you mention, to filter your signal before data
decimation (dropping samples).

You are considering to use a Bessel filter. I assume this is because
you want to minimize the time domain distortion of your signal. This
could work but Bessel filters are not very steep and it will be
difficult to keep a reasonable bandwidth and protect against aliasing
at the same time.

I would recommend you to use an FIR filter instead of the IIR-Bessel
filter. The FIR filter is phase linear and well-suited for data
decimation. You'll find the high-level VI in the Analyze>>Waveform
Conditionning palette.