Belated thanks Bruce! You saved me a TON of work already. I've been editing the state list(too many times) in Excel, pasting in in to a string control and looping it into a text ring, which then gets pasted into a strict typedef and converted to enum.

I did a project of similar complexity back in '97 either before I knew about typedefs, or maybe before they were availiable. THAT got a bit labor intensive.

-BG

Bruce Ammons wrote:
Bill,

You can't do it with an enum, but you can do it with a text ring.
Create a small vi that just sets the strings[] list for a blank text
ring.  Copy the text ring into your program and convert it to an enum.
Ta-daa!

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering