Expanding on the correct answers given by Wiebe and Mads;

I suggest you conduct the following experiment.

Put a case structure around the "output array" indicator. Drop a "=0"
node from the Comparison palette and wire its input from the Remainder
output of your quotiant & remainder function. THe output of the "=0"
drives your new case selector terminal.

Change your array size to 1,000,000 and watch your loop count.

The modifications I outlined above, will update you array indicator
"once each time through" your buffer. It will be quite obvious when
the indicator is being updated and when it is not.

Array indicator update are always expensive.

Ben