Hello Christoph,

"I=92ve now managed to send the correct command to the ADC.. and the ADC
- the
I/O assistant doesnt seem to recognize the answer from the device."

How are you getting the 13B1#06 response from your device?  If you are
getting a response, when is your VI timing out?

You might try looking at what you have your timeout set to.  Also, is
this the only device you have connected in your system?  If you have
more than 1, 2/3 of the devices must be powered on to communicate
correctly.

If these suggestions don't help, you can post your code and I will be
glad to take a look at it.

Sean C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments