Like I mentioned, your example doesn't append any termination
character to the string that you're writing and most serial
instruments require this. I think MAX adds a newline by default. Check
your instrument manual to see what if anything is required. If you
need to add one, you can use the build string function to always add
the character constant to each VISA Write or modify the VISA Configure
Serial Port function to add the property Serial Settings:Serial End
Mode for Writes. If you use a string constant, be sure to use one from
the string palette or in a string with \ codes enabled.