Hello Wayne,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

The evaluation version of LabVIEW, when downloaded from the website,
does not include the hardware drivers for instrument control or data
acquisition.  You can obtain the necessary drivers one of three ways:

1) If you already have a Driver CD, install the NI-488.2 (version 2.0
or later) drivers from that CD.

2) You can request a Driver CD by checking the appropriate box when
downloading the LabVIEW evaluation software.

3) You can download the latest version of NI-488.2 using the following
link.  This will install Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and
allow you to use the Instrument I/O Assistant.

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/3D536368FAF409A086256D3400650632?opendocument&node=132060_US

I hope this helps!  If you continue to have problems or have further
questions, let me know.

Matthew C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments