At 16:18 -0800 02/18/2004, Lewandowski, James R. wrote:
>I'm trying to read all file names from a directory into an array and then choose the
>ones to process.  The "List Directory" vi implies that it will do this but
>I'm not having much luck.
>
>The vi will produce a list of my available drives if I do not give it a path name.
>
>Any hints on making it work?

Give it a path?

Seriously, the VI has to know which directory to list!  You may need to build a path
from the current directory, the volume info, default directory or something, but you
need to give it a directory to list!

There is buried in the vi.lib/platform/filemanager and
vi.lib/utility/recursiveDirList.llb some useful routines for searching directory
structures.  Unfortunately I don't believe that the recursiveDIrList utilites are
actually recursive.  There is also a directory listing VI examination utility at
<http://sthmac.magnet.fsu.edu/labview/vi_library.html> (that is not truly recursive
either, but I will redo it someday....).

-Scott
--
-         Dr. Scott Hannahs, Head of User Research Instrumentation         -
-                     http://sthmac.magnet.fsu.edu                     -

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and
better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better
idiots. So far, the universe is winning."
        -- Robert Cringley ("Triumph of the Nerds").