I think my problem is I don't have the choice between TS variables and
LV globals. I am supporting someone else's program. He already has a
working TS/LV program with a global vi named "Global.vi". I developed
operator interface program that initiate TS engine and call his
sequence. When his sequence runs by itself, the global vi gets
updated. Whereas, when the sequence is being called from my operator
interface, the global vi doesn't get updated. I found that if I open
the global vi before the sequence being called will fix the problem.
But, this can not be a permanent solution. There must be a better way
to manage memory  allocation of global vi. I don't understand exactly
why global vi gets updated when it is open before accessed for the
first time.