Hello codeman,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding closing a third party ActiveX
server. It sounds like the third party application is having trouble
closing. There are several Windows Utility VIs available that could
help in this case. One of the Utility VIs is called Get Window Refnum
and should return an instance of a Windows window. The following links
are great resources when dealing with this issue.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/136F6B1F34CBB76E852563FC007AEFC7=
?OpenDocument

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=3DB45EACE3=
EF4556A4E034080020E74861&p_node=3DDZ53008&p_submitted=3D&p_rank=3D&p_answer=
=3D&p_source=3DExternal

Other responses similar to these can be found on the ni.com website by
clicking the support tab at the top of the home page. Then search for
=93refnum instances=94 from Technical Resources at the top of the page or
topics similar to this. I hope these resources help. Let me know if I
can further assist you.

Shea C.
Applications Engineering