Like I said in my answer to one of your other postings, you've got the
wrong driver. The HP34401 is a DMM. You should be able to use the VISA
Open from the Instrument I/O>VISA>VISA Advanced palette to open a
connection to the instrument. If you create a VISA resource name
control or constant you should be able to click on the little arrow on
the right side to see a list of all valid VISA resource names on your
system. This is assuming that you've had MAX do a scan for
instruments. Do this by expanding the Devices and Interfaces listing
in MAX, select the GPIB0 listing, and right click on it.