The answer to your question is in my answer to the original post. If
you right click on the board with the color tool, you'll see the box
in the lower left corner with two different colors. One is grey and
the other has a T in it? These are the foreground and background
colors of the border (I don't know which is which). The T box has a
white line around it. This is the one that's currently selected. If
you hit the space bar once, the white box disappears and you can apply
the selected color to both foreground and background. Hit the space
bar again, and the white box moves to the left around the grey. The
selected color will then apply only to that area.