Gavin,

I can give you a few suggestions, but it looks like this is an Excel
error, and not a LabVIEW issue.  msdn.microsoft.com has some excellent
resources for the ActiveX controls for Excel.

Are you using this vi as a subVI of a larger program?  In the code you
gave me, the cells you reference, A2:A4 and C2:C4, appear to be from a
new sheet you call temp, and are empty.  Maybe XValues only takes a
range of cells with values.  You=92ll have to look that up.

One discrepancy I noticed, which you may already know about, is how
you reference both the =93range=94 invoke nodes.  You send =93A2:A4=94 and
=93C2:C4=94 to cell1, and nothing to cell2.  Do you need to send A2 to
cell1 and A4 to cell2?  When changing this, I still get the same
error, but that may be because all those cells are empty.

If you do a lot of Word and Excel report generation, you may be
interested in the <a
href=3Dhttp://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=3D5769&lang=3DUS> LabVIEW
Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office</a>.

Let me know if nothing here helps, and I=92ll see what else I can find
out.  Have a nice day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments