I wasn't able to find any specific information about that particular
error code.  Often times errors during installations sometimes due to
previous uninstallations that did not execute properly.  That may or
may not be the case with you.

There are some alternatives you could try to get the NI-SWITCH
software installed, but if you're not actually using any hardware that
requires NI-SWITCH, you might just not install it at all.  I'm only
assuming this might be the case with you because I believe the
installer automatically installs it by default no matter what hardware
you have.  Look at the <a
href="http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/954feaeea92d90918625674b00658b83/1a578095a37aae8386256dd500782470?OpenDocument";>NI-SWITCH
download page</a> for a list of products that require NI-SWITCH.  If
your hardware isn't listed, choose "custom installation" the next time
you try the installer and deselect NI-SWITCH so the installer does not
try to install it.

Now, if your hardware really does need the NI-SWITCH software, try
deselecting it anyway.  Download and install NI-SWITCH separately from
the link above and see if that changes things.

I hope this helps!

Russell
Applications Engineer
National Instruments