----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Aivaliotis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "David Ferster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 9:05 PM
Subject: RE: For the wish list

> On the issue of making an error cluster only visible on error. Do you do
> this on sub-vi's? If so, what is the point? If you do this on front
panels,
> this seems very ugly to use the raw error cluster. Just wondering...

Ugly in both cases, since when hidden there's a chunk of empty panel that
looks like nobody could be bothered doing a decent layout. Unless it's in
the foreground and there's some decoration there.

I also don't see the point of this- if a quick and dirty approach is needed
that should be invisible to the user, what's wrong with wiring the error to
the general error handler VI and letting it pop up a message?

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/