My problem is opening read-only files using the waveform file open vi.  At
the heart of this vi in the "Open file" primitive with mode input set to 1
(open).  When I try to open the file, I get the following error "Error 8
occurred at a Open File in Myvi".  To confirm my assumption Open file
primitive was the source of the problem, I did a quick test trying to open a
.txt file set to read-only and got the same error message.  (The file are
set to read-only because the file were burned to a CD and then transferred
to another computer for analysis.)

Obviously I am not first to discover this behaviour so I checked the
Info-search without any luck.  Is there a good way or utility to opening and
reading  this type of file while preserving its protective state.

I running Windoze 2000 with LabVIEW 7.0

(Oh how I wish I could use my mac)

Paul A. Rochefort
Chalk River Laboratories