Hi Kelvin,
I understand that you want to control pins on your serial port using
LabVIEW. Since you are using Windows XP, only LabVIEW version 7.0 will
be able to control the pins. The pins can be controlled by modifying
the values of the access registers that windows associates with each
pin. If you are using LabVIEW 7.0, then the VI's located on the
Funtions >> Advanced >> Port I/O palette should help you assign values
to the proper pins.
This information can also be found on another discussion forum thread
located at the following url:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000438A0000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Thanks for contacting NI, and I hope this helps.

Marcus G.
National Instruments