Gee, thanks folks. I know that it's a kind of messy way to do
something like that, but it works (even if it takes a bunch of clock
cycles). For myself, in the long run I'd probably use a functional
global.

I thought about it afterwards and wasn't sure that I'd put the example
together correctly. I tossed it together in the last couple of minutes
before leaving for a funeral. I must use LabVIEW too much since I
thought about this example a couple of times during the service.

I wonder if other people have LabVIEW thoughts while supposedly doing
other things. Should we set up a poll?

     Rob