vmallette wrote:

> Can I import COM objects and use these objects as a drag & drop Laview
> user interface?

Well, COM is not enough. There are some Active X components which seem
to be able to handle drag and drop onto them. Acitve X is in principle a
superset of COM but COM is not Active X and therefore you can't include
a simple COM object into the LabVIEW Active X container.

The only feasable approach I think would be to write a DLL which
connects drag and drop functionality with the windows handle of a
LabVIEW window. This however is rather advanced LabVIEW/C programmming.

A guy called George Zou has to my knowledge done the necessary work and
  is selling this as LabVIEW Windows API toolkit.

Look at http://www.geocities.com/gzou999/

Rolf K