In the application note about Labview performance and memory
management, it states that you should avoid global and local variables
when possible.

>From what I can tell, your variables in labview are either
controls/indicators, or global variables.If you  want to write to a
control, or read from an indicator, then you are forced to use a local
variable.

The application note states that everytime you use a local variable, a
copy of variable is made. Can someone explain to me why this is?

Also, if I am writing to an indicator in many different places in a VI
diagram, then it is convienent to use local variables...is it possible
to use the indicator directly in multiple places (meaning that the
indicator shows up on the diagram multiple times)?