Having experience with distributing GPIB applications myself, I have long decided to
stick with the basic GPIB Read and Write
functions. You don't need VISA for those. Also, IVI is nice to get started but each
driver requires an install for the DLL's it
needs. You should be able to read the IVI driver code and build a few simple GPIB
calls to do what you need. Power supplies have a
limited command set.

Michael Aivaliotis