Well, I refuse to install Visual C .Net on my machine, simply because:
1) MSVC 6.0 still works for me
2) I hate to relearn everything from scratch as all the settings and
much more have changed
3) I want to be able to create object files still loadable on older
Windows versions, including LabVIEW real-time, without the need to
copy SDK link libraries and runtime libraries from my old system into
the .Net installation and fight with several more problems caused by
this.

So I guess, a lot of the pros needing Visual C for LabVIEW development
just don't use .Net yet ;-)

You could also say CIN development is obsolete except for those people
trying to get their older software to run and they probably don't use
MSVC .Net.

Instead you really should consider to create DLLs or shared libraries
as they have nowadays almost only advantages including standard
support out of the box from all the development environments you may
have or wish to use.