Infos - Bien Entendu wrote:

> this is really unfair from national as VIs can migrate from one
> platform to another
> and embedding VIs in multiples "standalone engine" (one for each
> platform) should be quite easy to do.

VIs migrate, like other programs, only if they have the source code. Remove
the source code, or diagrams, and you can no longer move the VI between
platforms because they can no longer be recompiled on the fly into native
code. This happens when you build an executable or select "Save With
Options" and explicitly choose to remove the diagrams.

What you're asking for seems to be a cross compiler that automatically
generates code for all supported systems and builds a "fat binary" that can
be executed anywhere. You can't do that AND retain the ability to simply
execute a file on each platform, since the executable formats will be
different and some native handler application will be required to launch the
app. This is in addition to the app quadrupling its size. NI have done it in
the same way as pretty much everyone else and that's the way I prefer it.

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/