Giulia,

yes, that is exactly what we mean. The way to implement this depends
on what version of LabVIEW you are working with. If you are working on
LV 7, then there is a good library of functions called Signal
Manipulation that would allow you to easily handle and work with your
data once they have been acquired.
Basically you should go through your scans and check when the trigger
has come in. Depending on the position of the transition (from 0 to 5
V I guess) you can roll back N samples and save those N + M samples
you are interested in (being N the number of pretrigger samples and M
the number of posttrigger samples).

I think it would be best if you call directly by phone one of our
Engineers at NI Italy and discuss the problem directly with us.

AlessioD
National Instruments