Thinking of Craig's earlier serial problem, I thought I might share a problem I had with using LV with a VISA serial communications setup on Win2K and XP.

If you set the serial port settings using "VISA Configure Serial Port.vi" to whatever baud rate, parity, flow control etc. that you want, sometimes you just get nonsense sent to whatever device you've got attached.

I found that you have to set the serial port settings in "Control Panel -> System -> Device manager" to match your VISA settings. Otherwise chaos ensues...

Do other platform users have this sort of problem; is it solely a Windoze thing; or am I just daft?

Steven
--
Steven Hammer
Research Associate