Hi Alvin,

Sounds to me like you need to try and get back to a system that runs your
original setup, i.e. Excel 2000 & whatever OS you previously used.

I have some experience of ActiveX calls to Excel, but have not yet tested
old apps with the new version of Excel.  My suspicion would be that it is
the Excel upgrade that has caused this issue.  It also sounds like part of
the problem is that the file itself is not opening - can you set the ActiveX
property to 'visible' so that you can prove to yourself that the file is
correctly opening before going any further with your investigations?

Best wishes,

Chris Harden.

Test System Design Engineer.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("E-mail") is intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee(s), any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or
other use of the E-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail in error,
please delete it and notify the sender immediately via our switchboard or return
e-mail.

Neither the company nor any individual sending this E-mail accepts any liability in
respect of the content (including errors and omissions) and timeliness of the E-mail
which arise as a result of transmission.  If verification is required, please request
a hard copy version