Les Hammer wrote:
> As long as you find the right people.  :-)
> I did the upgrade on the E2050B, and some firmware development on the
> E5810 before leaving Agilent.  My buddy down the hall at TAMS
> (tamsinc.com) - which is the source of HPUX these days, was the E5810
> project manager.  So we have experience.  :-)

Maybe more than the german support ;-)

> You should be able to use the new E5810 with the old system.  They
> both use the same protocols.  It would be easier to support if you
> upgraded your library (available from TAMS), but it shouldn't be
> necessary.

Thanks. I know the TAMS-library and it would be nice to use the linux
version, but it is a bit picky about the kernel it runs with.
We currently have a student working on a linux implementation of the
SICL functions we use in our tools, but I couldn't find any
documentation on how to access the serial port.
Do you know how serial port is addressed?

Eckhard