Eric,

Try adding this to your LabVIEW settings file.  I'm not certain that it
will fix your problem, but it might.

BldApp.RemovePolyVIsandTypedefs=False

By default, LV7 AppBuilder does not include type definitions and unused
instances of polymorphic VIs into executable in order to decrease size of
application. If some VI in your exe calls a VI outside (that was not
planned by AppBuilder) and uses a type definition in order to pass
parameters, you will meet such kind of problem for sure. This undocumented
ini setting disables this new feature.

-Jim