Hey Cyril,

The DAQ Assistant uses our new driver DAQmx.  You can find the DAQ
Assistant on your function palette by going to All Functions >> NI
Measurements >> DAQmx =96 Data Acquisition.  The DAQ Assistant is in the
lower left corner.

Both the PCI 4472 and the 4474 are supported in both Traditional
NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx in NI-DAQ 7.2.  Check the NI-DAQ Readme (Start >>
All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ >> NI-DAQ Readme) for
support information for your version of DAQ.  You can always download
the latest version for free from our website.

With DAQmx you can create global channels or tasks within LabVIEW.
However with Traditional NI-DAQ you cannot create virtual channels
within LabVIEW.  With Traditional NI-DAQ you can access virtual
channels created in MAX or access the physical channels directly.  I
would suggest looking at an example program to see how to access the
channels directly.  I would suggest looking at any of the analog input
examples which can be found by going to Help>>Find Examples>> Hardware
Input and Output>> Traditional DAQ >> Analog Input >> General.

If you have more questions about programming your hardware I would
suggest posting to the Dynamic Signal Acquisition and Analysis forum.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=3D101&RPAGEID=3D8&RFO=
RMNUMBER=3D3&RHIDETAG=3DTRUE&UCATEGORY_0=3D_36&UCATEGORY_S=3D0>
Dynamic Signal Acquisition and Analysis</a>

I hope this helps!

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments