I understand some things about reentrancy:

Say my SubVI "S" has an uninitialized shift register that is supposed
to remember some value "V" from one call to the next.

If S is normal (not re-entrant), and S is called from two or more
places, then there is only one V - each caller would interact with
this same value of V.

If S is reentrant, then there are TWO separate Vs - each caller would
interact with its own value of V.

Suppose he caller VI "C" calls S in two places - there would be two
separate values of V.

Suppose C is itself reentrant. Suppose there is a master VI "M" which
has two calls to C. Each instance of C calls two instances of S.  Are
there then FOUR different values of V?

In other words, does the reentrancy get passed up the chain?