G'Day Dan,

Have a look at the LabVIEW config file VIs (Functions>>File I/O>>Conjuration
File Vis) - they were created using OOP principles.  Probably one of the
most important Vis you want to look at in their hierarchy is "Config Data
Registry" - this is the structured LV2-Style global that acts as the data
repository, and creates/destroys objects.

That said, IMHO the Endevo GOOP Toolkit and the VI Engineering Class
Generator both do a much better job at the lower level, as they use a
semaphore cast to a new object type to lock repository read/writes, and
Endevo has also the inheritance toolkit - very useful.  I strongly suggest
you contact VI Engineering and book yourself into a "LabVIEW System Design
with GOOP" course - they are definitely worth the time and money, and will
minimise the time it will take to get into GOOP...

Cheers,
Christopher

---
EULA
1) This is a private email, and although the views expressed within it may
not be purely my own, unless specifically referenced I do not suggest they
are necessarily associated with anyone else including, but not limited to,
my employer(s).
2) This email has NOT been scanned for virii - attached file(s), if any, are
provided as is. By copying, detaching and/or opening attached files, you
agree to indemnify the sender of such responsibility.
3) Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this
communication cannot be guaranteed.

  • LV GOOP Bookwalter, Dan
    • Christopher Relf