When I set my datasocket urls to dstp://localhost/var instead of
dstp://machine_name/var the various connections are made MUCH faster.
When using localhost, all variables seem to connect instantly, while
if I use machine_name instead, it seems to make about 1 connection per
second (I'm just watching the led indicator change to green) and so if
I have a bunch of variables connecting, it can take quite awhile. I
can use localhost on the server machine, however I need to be able to
make fast connections on the client machine, and so I have to use
machine_name. Is this some inherrent flaw in datasocket? Is there a
workaround, or could I have a poor network driver?